Stargate Wiki:Current events
Here are the latest news about Semantic Stargate Wiki!
Why this wiki?
First, there was Stargate Wikia, a very complete wiki about the Stargate universe. So complete that they mixed up "canon" and "non-canon" material. And then, there was Escyos who decided to build a pure "canon" Stargate wiki on ShoutWiki. But ShoutWiki crashed a first time and Escyos decided on his own to build an independant one. I asked then to be granted steward for the ShoutWiki Stargate (as I am the founder of the French Wiki and I didn't want to let this wiki die). I decided to keep the first spirit of this wiki (do not mix "canon" and "non-canon" stuff). Unfortunately, for some "unknown" reason, Escyos was banished from ShoutWiki. I was alone on the English ShoutWiki. And at last, ShoutWiki crashed once again (and just came back on mid-january 2013). As Wikkii proposed a space to build from scratch your wiki, I attempted this adventure to build this wiki as well the French version.
But unfortunately, since Wikkii has been buyed by Gunggo, they eventually let it die. So Semantic Stargate Wiki came back to ShoutWiki and continues to live here.
And now, since there are issues with an old version of Semantic MediaWiki on ShoutWiki servers, I decided to start from scratch on a personal home server and here we are again!.
- January 25 — Beginning of the new adventure for Semantic Stargate Wiki on a personal home server. All ShoutWiki articles need to be transfered here.
- March 11 — 584 articles transfered so far. Half work has been done.
- August 26 — Upgrade to MediaWiki 1.27.1. 1,130 articles so far. All transfert has been done.
- September 26 — 1,200 articles so far, and still growing.
- October 29 — Semantic Stargate Wiki has been transfered on a more secured personal server.
- December 10 — 1,300 articles written, and not finished yet!
- February 11 — 1,400 articles written, still growing!
- June 1 — The MediaWiki software has been upgraded up to the 1.28.2 release.
- July 19 — The MediaWiki software has been upgraded up to the 1.29.0 release.
- July 20 — The server has been upgraded from Debian Jessie (8) to Debian Stretch (9). The database is now working under MariaDB and PHP7.0 is running. It should increase the speed of the wiki refreshings.
- July 28 — 1,500 written articles milestone!