|Full name||Jonathan "Jack" O'Neill|
|Birth||October 20, 1952|
|Information about family|
|Marriage||Sara O'Neill (divorced)|
|Child||Charlie O'Neill (son deceased)|
|Out of Stargate universe information|
Kurt Russell (Stargate)|
Richard Dean Anderson (series)
Lieutenant General Jack O'Neill (born October 20, 1952) is a US Air Force officer. In 1995, he led the First Abydos mission and defeated Ra with the help of Doctor Daniel Jackson. He retired soon after coming back home, but after Apophis' attack on Earth in 1997, he has been reactivated as a Colonel and became the first leader of SG-1, flagteam of Stargate Command. For seven years, he and his team managed to defeat the Goa'uld System Lords and the Replicators. After being promoted to Brigadier General in 2004, he became the head of Stargate Command for one year, allowing the settlement of the Atlantis expedition. Then, after being once again promoted to Major General, he became responsible of Homeworld Command. In 2009, he has been promoted to Lieutenant General.
Later, at the Cheyenne Mountain Complex, Colonel O'Neill announces to Catherine Langford and her research team that he is taking over the Stargate project. After the discovery of the seventh glyph by Doctor Daniel Jackson, O'Neill leads a recon mission on the newly discovered planet on the other side of the Stargate. The first official objective is to retreive the Stargate symbols to come back home, yet when Jackson states that he cannot come back without looking for a location for the symbols, he orders the building of a base camp around the pyramid. Meanwhile, he comes back inside the pyramid and sets up a nuclear warhead. After pursuing Jackson who has been dragged through the sand by a local domestic animal, O'Neill, Kawalsky and Brown discover an open mine with a tribe of locals working in the mine.
- The spelling of "O'Neill" is different in the movie; it is spelled "O'Neil" with only one "l".
- Jack O'Neill used to smoke (Stargate), yet he quit smoking (SG1: "Children of the Gods"). The main reason is that Kurt Russell (O'Neil's portrayer in the movie) used to smoke, unlike Richard Dean Anderson (O'Neill's portrayer in the series) who is a non smoker.
Behind the scenes
- The character of Jack O'Neill has been portrayed by two actors; Kurt Russell in the movie, and Richard Dean Anderson in the TV series.
Other "Jack O'Neills"
- Jack O'Neills from alternate realities:
- Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, commander of the SGA (SG1: "There But For the Grace of God").
- Jack O'Neill, Dr. Samantha Carter's husband, killed by an alternate Teal'c (SG1: "Point of View").
- General Jack O'Neill, still commander of the SGC in an alternate reality (SG1: "Ripple Effect").
- Colonel Jack O'Neill, presumed still frozen in the Antarctic outpost after the battle of Antarctica in an alternate reality where the Stargate Program is public (SG1: "The Road Not Taken").
- Jack O'Neills from alternate timelines:
- Colonel Jack O'Neill, retired soon after an encounter with the Aschen.
- Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, trapped and killed in Ancient Egypt in 3,000 BC after attempting to retrieve a Zero point module (SG1: "Moebius", Part 1).
- Colonel Jack O'Neill, a retired US military coming back to SGC in order to fix the timeline (SG1: "Moebius", Part 1, "Moebius", Part 2).
- Major General Jack O'Neill, killed by a Baal clone (Stargate: Continuum).
- Colonel Jack O'Neill, a Special Forces operative (Stargate: Continuum).
- Jack O'Neills from hallucinations:
- miscellaneous Jack O'Neills:
- As seen in his USAF card in "Fragile Balance".