The SG-1 flagship team has been created in 1997 (along with eight other teams) as part of the Stargate Program. Originaly led by Colonel Jack O'Neill for seven years, the team is led by Colonel Cameron Mitchell since 2005.
- 1 Composition
- 2 Evolution
- 2.1 Stargate SG-1 Season 1 (1997)
- 2.2 Stargate SG-1 Season 2 (1997/1998/1999)
- 2.3 Stargate SG-1 Season 3 (1999-2000)
- 2.4 Stargate SG-1 Season 4 (2000-2001)
- 2.5 Stargate SG-1 Season 5 (2001)
- 2.6 Stargate SG-1 Season 6 (2002)
- 2.7 Stargate SG-1 Season 7 (2003)
- 2.8 Stargate SG-1 Season 8 (2004)
- 2.9 Stargate SG-1 Season 9 (2005)
- 2.10 Stargate SG-1 Season 10 (2005-2006)
- 2.11 Stargate: The Ark of Truth (2007)
- 2.12 Stargate: Continuum (2008)
- Colonel Cameron Mitchell. In 2005, Mitchell asked General O'Neill to be part of SG-1 as he wanted to "learn from the best", but discovered that he has been put in charge of the team. More, all the original team disbanded. He struggled but eventually managed to bring back the whole team together (SG1: "Avalon", Part 1, "Ex Deus Machina").
- Doctor Daniel Jackson. He has been part of the team since its creation in 1997 until he ascended in 2001. He resumed his position in 2003 after he has been descended by the Others. He left SG-1 again in 2005, hoping at last travelling to Atlantis, but eventually resumed his position, "thanks" to Vala Mal Doran who made him miss his journey (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "Meridian", "Homecoming", "Avalon", Part 1).
- Teal'c. Teal'c has been assigned to SG-1 under Colonel Jack O'Neill's recommendation, and after he protected Stargate Command from the Goa'uld (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "The Enemy Within").
- Vala Mal Doran.
- Colonel Jack O'Neill (1997–2004). He has been put in charge of SG-1 since the creation of the team in 1997. He left his command seven years later after been promoted Brigadier General and put in charge of Stargate Command in 2004 (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "New Order", Part 2).
- Captain/Major/Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter (1997–2007). She was part of the original 1997 team, and left it for a few months when she has been involved in the Area 51 Stargate Research & Developpment department in 2005. She resumed her position and eventually left SG-1 when she was put in charge of the Atlantis expedition (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "Avalon", Part 1, "Ex Deus Machina"; SGA: "Reunion").
- Jonas Quinn.
- Colonel Jack O'Neill (1997–2004).
- Colonel Makepeace (1999). In 1999, when Colonel O'Neill stole some Tollan technology and had to retire from Stargate Command, Makepeace took command of SG-1. But Makepeace eventually revealed himself to be a mole sent by NID in order to steal alien technology and has been arrested by O'Neill who actually worked undercover. O'Neill resumed his position as commanding officer of SG-1 (SG1: "Shades of Grey").
- Lieutenant Colonel Samantha Carter (2004–2005). Since O'Neill's affectation of Stargate Command leader and her promotion to Lt Col, Carter naturally took command of SG-1 in 2004 for one year. After the defeat of Anubis, she left command in 2005 for the Area 51 Stargate Research & Developpment department (SG1: "New Order", Part 2, "Lockdown", "Avalon", Part 1).
- Lieutenant Colonel/Colonel Cameron Mitchell (2005–present).
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 1 History.
Following Apophis' attack in Cheyenne Mountain Complex and the discovering of a vast network of Stargates, the President of the United States orders the formation of nine interplanetary recon teams. The first one, SG-1, will be led by Colonel Jack O'Neill and composed of Captain Samantha Carter. Dr. Daniel Jackson requires to be part of the team for his wife has been captured by the enemies. His resquest has eventually won approval. With SG-2, the teams travel on Chulak and manage to free some prisoners thanks to Teal'c, Apophis' First Prime, who chooses to rebel against his Goa'uld master. Teal'c eventually joins SG-1 on Colonel O'Neill's recommendation and after he proved his loyalty to the Tau'ri.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 2 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 3 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 4 History.
Stargate SG-1 Season 5 (2001)
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 5 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 6 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 7 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 8 History.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 9 History.
Lt Col Cameron Mitchell asked General Jack O'Neill to join SG-1 so he can "learn from the best", only to learn from Major General Hank Landry, new Stargate Command commanding officer, that he is the team's new commanding officer and will have to choose new members as all the original members have left. Samantha Carter has joined the Area 51 Stargate's Research & Development department, Daniel Jackson is about to leave Earth for Atlantis, and Teal'c left Stargate Program a month before to help for the establishment of the new Free Jaffa Nation government on Dakara.
- For an episode-by-episode summary, see SG-1: Stargate SG-1 Season 10 History.