Difference between revisions of "Episode:Icon"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (→Act 1)
|Line 64:||Line 64:|
== Analysis ==
== Analysis ==
, the [[Stargate]] is called the "Great Ring of Avidan", and is part of a mythology.
== Questions ==
== Questions ==
Revision as of 09:33, 20 December 2017
|An episode from Stargate SG-1|
|Directed by||Peter F. Woeste|
|Original air date||
USA: August 6, 2004|
UK: November 2, 2004
AUS: November 18, 2004
|Daniel is stranded on another planet after the team's arrival on an alien world sparks a violent civil war.|
Locations: Kirellian wastelands • Rand Protectorate • Rand Protectorate Museum
- In a bedroom 50's fashion-like, a woman is taking care of a lied wounded man with a bandage all around his eyes. She removes carefully the bandage, revealing Daniel Jackson. Jackson, whose face still has traces of wounds, eventually open his eyes, focusing on his caretaker, Leda.
- When Leda tells Daniel that he is in a house that belonged to her uncle miles away from the city, he remember that many people died may be because of them. Leda reassures him and says that to see him alive is quite a miracle.
- Three months earlier, inside a museum, a guide is making a tour of all the artefacts found during archeological diggings, and ends on the masterpiece found in the Kirellian wastelands 150 years ago; the Great Ring of Avidan—which is revealed to be a Stargate.
- While the visitors go outside to see the ring in a closer view, the guide tells them that, according to the local researchers, it is several thousand years old at least, and may be built by the ancients inhabitants to honour their gods.
- As he continues to describe the artefact, the Stargate activates, much to their very surprise. After the kawoosh, an Earthling MALP exites the wormhole. The two guards present here aim their guns and start to check the vehicle.
- Later, an official welcome comity replaces the museum's visitors. The Stargate is open and Lieutenant Colonel Carter, Teal'c and Doctor Daniel Jackson come out the gate. Commander Gareth greats them in the name of the people of the Rand Protectorate. Carter apologizes about the tourists as for her, this is the first time they travel through a "museum piece".
- Gareth wonders about the purpose of the Stargate, and Jared Kane, Gareth's chief aide, wonders about the fact that their visitors are human, like them. Jackson and Carter tell them that they will explain later the reason they are human. Jackson notices the impact of the "Great Ring" in the local culture. Kane tells them that in old times, powerful gods were master and they think that the ring was their source of power. Yet, even if according to Gareth, these are legends, some people who follow the old ways may see SG-1's arrival concuring their beliefs.
- Present day, in Leda's house, Leda begins to clean the Jackson face's wounds while he's sleeping, but she wakes him. She's giving him a small dose of pain killer as all the medicine is in short supply. When she wants to leave to let him rest, Jackson asks her to stay.
- Two months ago, in the Stargate Command briefing room, Jackson reports to Brigadier General O'Neill that his time with the Caledonian Federation's representatives was limited for Gareth had security concerns about revealing to much about the Stargate. As O'Neill guesses, the two nations are in a cold war for decades, with weapons on both sides able to wipe out the entire planet. Jackson mentions that there is a group of religious fundamentalists led by a man named Soren, who believe that the planet's life has been created by the gods and that the co-called gods will return and reward them for their faith. SG-1's arrival through a public Stargate comfirmed their beliefs and now, their numbers are growing. O'Neill agrees with the danger of the situation, yet tells them that this is not their concern.
- Later in the SGC corridor, Jackson tries to convince O'Neill to let him return on Tegalus so he could explain the truth about all of this. O'Neill warns him that the situation may aggravate. O'Neill reluctantly agrees yet he orders Jackson that "the second things are going squirrelly", he has to come back.
- Present day, Leda finds Jackson walking in the bedroom, yet he is "far from healed". He thanks Leda for taking care of thim, yet Leda tells that "taking care of him has helped her to continue on." Jackson remembers to have been in the Rand Protectorate bunker with Commander Gareth the very moment of an attack, but he doesn't remember the rest. Leda tells that his husband Jared Kane is searching for survivors and should be back in a few days. Jackson expresses his will to contact his world but Leda says that the "Great Ring" is out of reach, with rebel patrols around the place. Then Jackson asks Leda about Gareth's fate.
- In the SGC embarkation room, Teal'c and Carter return back from Tegalus where they met with Soren only for 15 minutes after a wait of several hours. Carter tells O'Neill that Soren has been able to unite all the fundamentalists faction from the Rand Protectorate and to become their leader. He is also unwilling to let them find Jackson, so they cannot know for the time being if he is still alive.
- Tegalus is a planet of the Milky Way galaxy on which live two nations; the Rand Protectorate and the Caledonian Federation. According to Daniel Jackson, the two nations are in a cold war situation for decades and both nations have the firepower to destroy the other.
- On Tegalus, the Stargate is called the "Great Ring of Avidan", and is part of a mythology.
- Matthew Bennett is well-known among Battlestar Galactica fans: he has portrayed the humanoid Cylon Number Five (Aaron Doral) in the re-imagined series Battlestar Galactica.
|0:03:34||Inconsistency||When the Stargate is activated at the moment of the arrival of SG-1 on Tegalus, the Glyph representing Earth is visible at the lower right of the gate. As this symbol is Earth's point of origin, it shouldn't be present on the Tegalan gate.|