January 5, 1969|
Paisley, Scotland, UK
Ernest Littlefield (SG1)|
Dr. Carson Beckett (SGA)
Paul McGillion (born January 5,1969) is a Scottish actor living in Canada. He portrayed young Dr. Ernest Littlefield in the episode "The Torment of Tantalus" (Stargate SG-1) as well as Dr. Carson Beckett and his clone in Stargate Atlantis.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Involvement in the Stargate universe
- 3 Filmography
- 4 Notes
- 5 Episodes featuring Paul McGillion
- 6 External links
- 7 References
Involvement in the Stargate universe
- Dr. Ernest Littlefield (SG1: "The Torment of Tantalus"
- Dr. Carson Beckett (Stargate Atlantis, see the list of appearances)
- An hallucination of Dr. Carson Beckett experienced by Rodney McKay (SGA: "Sunday")
- A clone version of Dr. Carson Beckett built by "Michael" (Stargate Atlantis, see the list of appearances)
Click on the right "Expand" button to see all the filmography. To hide it, click on the right "Collapse" button.
|Film and Television|
- McGillion has been credited as Guest Star from "Rising" to "Runner". After that, he became part of the main cast until the death of the character in "Sunday".
- A group of fans set up a campaign at "savecarsonbeckett.com" before news of McGillion's departure was confirmed. Although the episode "Sunday" was highly admired, his character's death caused dismay and outrage among fans and critics. Maureen Ryan of the Chicago Tribune labelled the killing Beckett a "bonehead decision". The producers did not anticipate the protest after the airing of the episode. Between 60 to 100 fans from all over the world gathered for a peaceful protest outside The Bridge Studios in Vancouver on March 22, 2007, hiring a local pipe band. Another protest followed at San Diego Comic-Con International on July 27, 2007. McGillion returned in the cast as a reccuring actor, interpreting a cloned version of Carson Beckett in Season 4 and Season 5 of Stargate Atlantis.
- Paul McGillion on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- savecarsonbeckett.com, a website established by fans who protested since the "death" of their favorite doctor in "Sunday".
- Sumner, Darren (November 26, 2006). "Atlantis cast member to depart". Retrieved March 12, 2009.
- Wilson, Mark (2007). "Carson Beckett: Don't Kill Off the Fan Favorites". About.com. Retrieved March 14, 2009.
- Ryan, Maureen (June 21, 2007). "Time's not on the side of 'Stargate SG-1,' which ends Friday". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved March 14, 2009.
- Gero, Martin, (2008). The Doctor Is In: The Return of Paul McGillion (DVD – Stargate Atlantis: Season 4). MGM.
- Read, David (March 1, 2007). "A Message From Paul McGillion". GateWorld. Retrieved 2007-03-01.