Jump to navigation Jump to search
|An episode from Stargate SG-1|
|Directed by||Jeff Woolnough|
|Written by||Katharyn Powers|
|Produced by||Ron French|
|Director of photography||Peter F. Woeste|
|Original air date||
USA: August 8, 1997|
UK: April 22, 1998
|An alien civilization is forced to reconsider their views on women when Carter rebels against their social customs.|
- SG-1 visits a planète with a 900 years old culture, detrimental for Carter.
- The young chieftain's son finds a way to trade for the one he loves.
- The enemy chieftain, Turghan, will be challenged by an unusual challenger according to ancestral law.
- The outcome of the fight will be decisive for all.
Planets: P3X-595 • Simarka|
Races: People of the desert • People of the river • Shavadai
Locations: Sea of Ogada • Simarka's ruined temple
Miscellaneous: Anesthetic • Genghis Khan • Shavadai anesthetic
- SG-1 arrive on a new planet, finding what seems to be an ancient ruined temple. Colonel O'Neill orders SG-1 to move on for "safety".
- Later, in a meadow, O'Neill uses binoculars to check the surroundings, with no evidence of life around. Suddenly, Captain Carter hears some barkings. Then a young boy appears at the top a hill, running, and chased by four dogs.
- When the boy is caught and bitten by the dogs, O'Neill uses his handgun to scare them away. Then O'Neill tries to communicate with the boy who definitely speaks a fluent English. He introduces himself, Abu from the Shavadai, is happy to see that SG-1 are from the Sea of Ogada (as O'Neill let him believe), but takes fright when he sees Carter coming back to the group; "She's a woman".
- At the top of the hill, three men on horses arrive. While Daniel Jackson notices that they have Mongol type, Abu urges SG-1 to leave with Carter. Yet it is too late as the men threaten SG-1 with swords and bows when they see "the woman".