|Planet of origin||Earth|
|Out of Stargate universe information|
|Portrayed by||Bill Y.W. Butt|
Chan was an Asian type guy, assigned to Icarus base at the time when it was attacked by Lucian Alliance forces in 2009. He has been stranded aboard Ancient vessel Destiny. Later, he decided to settle on a newly created planet with a small group of people, but froze to death on the planet. His body has been revived and put in an Ancient shuttle completely restaured, but he relived the same death soon after aboard Destiny.
- Before Joseph Mallozzi named him "Vince Kwan" in his weblog, Chan was referenced as "Balding Asian Guy" (shortly "B.A.G."). However, Semantic Stargate Wiki retains "Chan" as canon for it is the name given by Nicholas Rush to describe him (SGU: "Visitation").
- This character has no script line.
Behind the scenes
- Bill Y.W. Butt has made some uncredited appearances in the Stargate universe, notably in Stargate Atlantis near Dr. Carson Beckett.
- This extra appeared also in some other TV shows, and yet he has not been credited, even on the IMDb. He appeared in the Battlestar Galactica miniseries as the broadcast voice tape recorder at the begining of the film with Aaron Doral (Matthew Bennett). Il also appeared in some subsequent episodes of the regular TV show.
- Thread: BALDING ASIAN GUY/Bill Butt Appreciation thread( Spoilers Faith-Visitation) on GateWorld forum.
- August 19, 2010: Another SGU-related Q&A! Carl’s acting up! Mailbag! on Joseph Mallozzi's weblog.
- September 4, 2010: Bill Y.W. Butt – SGU’s Vince Kwan – Answers Your Questions! on Joseph Mallozzi's weblog.