Quotes:Children of the Gods
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- [First lines of the series]
- [Soldiers are playing cards in the deserted Gate Room]
|Dealer||Oh, man, this hand's as lousy as this detail. All right everybody, ante up!|
|Maj. Samuels||What if the aliens get it?|
|Col. O'Neill||Well, they could be blowing their noses right now.|
|Maj. Samuels||They could be planning an attack!|
|Col. O'Neill||Aw, come on, Samuels, let me be the cynic around here, okay?|
|Col. O'Neill||Oh, here we go. Another scientist. General, please.|
|Capt. Carter||Theoretical astrophysicist.|
|Col. O'Neill||Which means?|
|Gen. Hammond||Which means she's smarter than you are, Colonel. Especially in matters related to the Stargate.|
|Capt. Carter||I'm an Air Force officer just like you are, Colonel. And just because my reproductive organs are on the inside instead of the outside, doesn't mean I can't handle whatever you can handle.|
|Jack O'Neill||Oh, this has nothing to do with you being a woman. I like women. I've just got a little problem with scientists.|
|Capt. Carter||Colonel, I logged over 100 hours in enemy airspace during the Gulf War. Is that tough enough for you? Or are we going to have to arm wrestle?|
- [While examining the DHD on Abydos]
|Capt. Carter||Amazing. This is what was missing from the dig at Giza. This is how they controlled it! It took us fifteen years and three supercomputers to MacGyver a system on Earth.|
- [Carter is meeting Daniel Jackson for the first time.]
|Capt. Carter||Oh right, excuse me. Doctor Jackson, I presume. I'm Doctor Samantha Carter.|
|Col. O'Neill||I thought you wanted to be called "captain"?|
- [Daniel and Sam are discussing whether or not the Stargate can go to other planets.]
|Daniel Jackson||Look I don't pretend to know anything about astrophysics but couldn't the planets change? I mean, uh, drift apart or something like that, to throw this map off?|
|Capt. Carter||I knew I'd like you.|
|Daniel Jackson||You mean I'm right?|
- Col. O'Neill: I can save these people!!
- [Teal'c points his staff weapon at Jack.]
- Col. O'Neill: Please! Help me! [pause, quieter] Help me.
- Teal'c: Many have said that.
- [Teal'c suddenly turns and shoots another Jaffa. Then tosses O'Neill his staff weapon.]
- Teal'c: But you are the first I believe could do it!
- [Teal'c has betrayed Apophis and all the refugees have fled, leaving him standing forlornly in the chamber.]
- Col. O'Neill: Hey, come on!
- Teal'c: I have nowhere to go.
- O'Neill: For this you can stay at my place, let's go!
- [Teal'c pulls up his shirt and the infant Goa'uld comes out of the pouch]:
- Jack O'Neill: What the hell is that?!
- Teal'c: It is an infant Goa'uld, the larval form of the gods. I have carried one since I was a child, as all Jaffa carry one.
- Jack O'Neill: Well, get it out of there.
- Teal'c: In exchange for carrying the infant Goa'uld into maturity, a Jaffa receives perfect health and long life. If I were to remove it, I would eventually die.
- Jack O'Neill: Hell, if I were you, I'd take my chances.