Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Planet of origin||Abydos|
unnamed planet, killed by Teal'c
|Information about family|
|Parent||Kasuf (father ascended)|
|Sibling||Skaara (brother ascended)|
|Child||Shifu (with Apophis ascended)|
|Out of Stargate universe information|
Mili Avital (Stargate),|
Vaitiare Bandera (Stargate SG-1)
Sha're was a young Abydonian woman. She got married to Daniel Jackson but was kidnapped by the Goa'uld System Lord Apophis to become Amaunet's host. She eventually died in 1999 as well as the symbiote she carried, killed by Teal'c.
- In the movie, Sha're's name is spelled differently, "Sha'uri".
Behind the scenes
- Sha're has been portrayed by two actresses, Mili Avital (as Sha'uri) in Stargate, the movie, and Vaitiare Bandera in Stargate SG-1.
- Vaitiare Bandera was first auditionned for Sha'uri's role in the movie by Roland Emmerich. She finally lost it to Mili Avital. For Stargate SG-1 she went again, read the same part, and bingo.
- Sha're's possession by Amaunet is the first and only full frontal nude scene filmed for a television series. It was her first on-screen nudity. The nudity has been removed in the Brad Wright's 2009 recut version of "Children of the Gods".
- Vaitiare Bandera was really pregnant (from Michael Shanks) when she was filming "Secrets". She had to simulate giving birth, yet it wasn't time to do this for real.
- Stargate SG-1 Solutions's article on
- "Stargate SG-1 Cast Interviews: Vaitiare Bandera". Stargate SG-1 Solutions.