|Allegiance||US Air Force, Stargate Command|
|Out of Stargate universe information|
French Stewart (Stargate),|
Brent Stait (Stargate SG-1)
Ferretti was a Major part of the US Air Force. He participated to the First Abydos mission in 1995. Wounded in 1997 during the Second Abydos mission, he became SG-2's commanding officer after Major Kawalsky's death.
When SG-1 rush into the gate room to pass through the Stargate on the address brought back by Daniel Jackson from the alternate reality's SGA (SG1: "There But For the Grace of God"), General Hammond and Major Ferretti try to find a way to the room but they eventually find only the door closed. Hammond orders Ferretti to open the door. Al last, they enter the gate room when Teal'c is the last to get through the wormhole.
Later, in the Stargate Command briefing room, Msgt. Harriman comfirms that it was SG-1 who passed through the Stargate using coordinates from "the other place". Ferretti asks General Hammond permission to send SG-2 to get them back. Hammond replies it would only for court martial. Then Ferretti tells Hammond that O'Neill saved him more than once and he'd like to back him up and he's ready to take the risk.
Later, in the gate room, SG-2 is ready to go through the Stargate. General Hammond officially orders Major Ferretti to bring back SG-1 for court martial. But he insists him to bring them back alive and well. But, unfortunately, the gate address seventh chevron doesn't lock, making the rescue mission impossible.
When Colonel Jack O'Neill is forced to retire because of his unacceptable behavior on Tollana, Dr. Daniel Jackson and Major Samantha Carter speculate about a fourth member for SG-1. Jackson thinks that someone like Ferretti may join the team and Carter becomes team's commander. Carter replies that the SGC may not choose a Major as commanding officer.
- Ferretti's nationality is induced as he is part of the US Air Force.
- Ferretti's name is spelled differently in the movie; "Feretti".
- There is an inconsistency regarding Ferretti's rank. In the movie, he is credited as "Lieutenant Feretti", yet we can see Technical Sergeant insignas on his fatigues' sleeves. In Stargate SG-1, we see Major insignas on his Class-A uniform's shoulders. As canon, we retain "Major" as rank, for General Hammond called him Major (SG1: "Children of the Gods", "Within the Serpent's Grasp").
Behind the scenes
- Ferretti has been portrayed by two actors; French Stewart in Stargate, and Brent Stait in Stargate SG-1.
- French Stewart also portrayed Dr. Andrew Covel in the Stargate Universe episode "Alliances". He is the fourth and last actor from the original movie to play a role in the series; Alexis Cruz and Erick Avari reprise their role of Skaara and Kasuf respectively, and Richard Kind (Dr. Gary Meyers in the movie) portrayed Lucius Lavin in Stargate Atlantis.
- Brent Stait portrayed Michael Kenmore in replacement of Connor Trinneer (who was unavailable at this time) in the Stargate Atlantis episode "Allies". He has been voice-dubbed by Trinneer.