Jaffa (The Nox II)
|Out of Stargate universe information|
|Portrayed by||Scott Nicholson|
|First appearance||"The Nox"|
The Jaffa, along with Shak'l and another Jaffa, are with Apophis in the seek of an animal capable of being invisible on the Nox homeworld. They are ambushed by SG-1, yet Apophis and the two Jaffa escape but Shak'l. They keep the search of SG-1 (all killed by Apophis minus Teal'c) who have disappeared before the very eyes of Apophis.
Later, during a revival ceremony processed by the Nox, SG-1 defend the position against Apophis. The Jaffa is ambushed by Captain Samantha Carter but he overwhelmes her, ready to shoot her with a Goa'uld staff weapon. Yet, Daniel Jackson shoots the Jaffa in the chest, and the Jaffa collapses.
- According to Teal'c, this Jaffa is part of Apophis' personal guard.
- This character has no line in the script.
- The Jaffa's fate remains unknown. He has been shot by Daniel Jackson, yet Anteaus said "no more killing" to SG-1. It may be possible that the Nox revived him before sending him back to his world, as Shak'l has been shot as well by Daniel Jackson during the second ambush but was seen alive later on Cartago (SG1: "Cor-ai").
- This Jaffa has a golden Goa'uld mark on his forehead as well as Shak'l and the other Jaffa. There is no logical explanation for this. Usually, a golden mark is the attribute for a First Prime (SG1: "Threshold"). This would be considered as a goof, and no more explanation would be given.
Behind the scenes
- Scott Nicholson, the Jaffa's portrayer, is not credited in the episode.