Episode:Rising, Part 1
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|"Rising", Part 1|
|An episode from Stargate Atlantis|
|Directed by||Martin Wood|
|Written by||Robert C. Cooper|
|Original air date||
USA: July 16, 2004|
UK: October 12, 2004
|Length||44'13" (2 parter)|
|A new Stargate team embarks on a dangerous mission to a distant galaxy, where they discover a mythical lost city — and a deadly new enemy.|
- "Rising", Part 1 is the 1st episode of Stargate Atlantis Season 1. This is also the pilot episode of Stargate Atlantis.
- This episode is part 1 of 2. It is followed by "Rising", Part 2.
Races: Athosians • Wraith|
Locations: Antarctic outpost • Belgium • Canada
- On DVD and Blu-ray releases, "Rising", Parts 1 and 2 are joined together in one double-episode. On The Sci Fi Channel, it has been aired as a two-parter.
- Unlike the other Stargate Atlantis' episodes, the episode title card is not displayed. Only a Stargate Atlantis card is displayed with the Antarctica blue sky in background.
- Robert Patrick, Colonel Marshall Sumner's portrayer, is better known as the Terminator T1000 in the blockbuster Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
- Christopher Heyerdahl, Halling's portrayer, has already played the character of Pallin in the Stargate SG-1 episode "Revisions". He will later play in Stargate Atlantis the recurring character of "Todd", the Wraith (with subsequent makeup).
- Garwin Sanford, Simon Wallis's portrayer, has already played the recurring character of Narim, a Tollan, in Stargate SG-1.
- Ona Grauer has already played the character of "Ayiana" (the female Ancient at the beginning of "Rising") in the Stargate SG-1 episode "Frozen". She will play later the recurring character of Emily Young, Colonel Everett Young's wife, in Stargate Universe.
|0:03:07-0:03:16||Continuity||The scene of the seventh Atlantis symbol drawn by Daniel Jackson has been shot at least two times. See here for the first drawing and here for the second drawing. The next sequence shows the first drawing again. Just nine seconds have passed in the timeline.|