Jump to navigation Jump to search
|An episode from Stargate SG-1|
|Directed by||Jeff Woolnough|
|Written by||Katharyn Powers|
|Produced by||Ron French|
|Director of photography||Peter F. Woeste|
|Original air date||
USA: August 8, 1997|
UK: April 22, 1998
|An alien civilization is forced to reconsider their views on women when Carter rebels against their social customs.|
- SG-1 visits a planète with a 900 years old culture, detrimental for Carter.
- The young chieftain's son finds a way to trade for the one he loves.
- The enemy chieftain, Turghan, will be challenged by an unusual challenger according to ancestral law.
- The outcome of the fight will be decisive for all.
Planets: P3X-595 • Simarka|
Races: People of the desert • People of the river • Shavadai
Locations: Sea of Ogada • Simarka's ruined temple
Miscellaneous: Anesthetic • Genghis Khan • Shavadai anesthetic
- SG-1 arrive on a new planet, finding what seems to be an ancient ruined temple. Colonel O'Neill orders SG-1 to move on for "safety".
- Later, in a meadow, O'Neill uses binoculars to check the surroundings, with no evidence of life around. Suddenly, Captain Carter hears some barkings. Then a young boy appears at the top a hill, running, and chased by four dogs.
- When the boy is caught and bitten by the dogs, O'Neill uses his handgun to scare them away. Then O'Neill tries to communicate with the boy who definitely speaks a fluent English. He introduces himself, Abu from the Shavadai, is happy to see that SG-1 are from the Sea of Ogada (as O'Neill let him believe), but takes fright when he sees Carter coming back to the group; "She's a woman".
- At the top of the hill, three men on horses arrive. While Daniel Jackson notices that they have Mongol type, Abu urges SG-1 to leave with Carter. Yet it is too late as the men threaten SG-1 with swords and bows when they see "the woman".
- O'Neill fires in the air with his sidearm, scaring the three men. At the top of the hill, a more aged man riding a horse joins the group. This man is Abu's father, fearing that his son was dead since he wasn't back. Abu explain SG1's rescue against the dogs. The man asks about the way to welcome strangers. One of them points out Carter, she is a "woman".