Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page gathers all incoherences found in all episodes and films from the Stargate franchise. To make it easier, each series will have a dedicated page. Updates shall be written in the dedicated page and not in the main article page.
Stargate, the movie
- All Jack O'Neill's teammates are credited as "Lieutenant" in the movie ending credits. However, when we closely look the stripes seen on screen, it doesn't fit; Kawalsky carries stripes of Lieutenant Colonel and is called "Lieutenant" by O'Neill instead of "Colonel", Ferretti is "Technical Sergeant", Brown is "Senior Airman", Freeman is "Staff Sergeant", and Porro and Reilly are "Airman First Class".
- Walter Harriman's name evolved throughout the series. At the beginning, Gary Jones was simply credited as "Technician". After that, the name of "Davis" appeared on his nominative name tag. Then the full name of "Norman Davis" is visible several times. In "2010" an alternate Jack O'Neill calls him "Walter" (It was an impro from Richard Dean Anderson). And at last, in "Avalon", Part 1, he officially introduces himself as "Walter Harriman" to Lieutenant Colonel Cameron Mitchell when the latter arrives for the first time in Stargate Command.
- Kawalsky's rank changes depending of his outfit; when he wearing combats fatigues, we can see "Captain" insignias, and when he is wearing his class A uniform, we can clearly see "Major" on the shoulders. He is called "Major" by General George Hammond.
- Weterings states to the guards who are taking her to the Chulak palace implantation room and Teal'c that she is a Sergeant of the United States Air Force. However, et the beginning of the episode, we can clearly see "Senior Airman" insignias on her combat fatigues' sleeves.
- According to Charles Kawalsky's ECG screen, events occur on April 3, 1997. Yet, in "Politics", Lt.-Col. Samuels sets the events of "The Broca Divide" (two episodes after "The Enemy Within") in "March of this year" (1997), "rectonning" Kawalsky's surgery between February 12 and March.
- Continuity script error: In "Rising", Part 1, a team is set up by Colonel Marshall Sumner. Eight people are visible when they pass through the Stargate; Sumner, Aiden Ford, Bates, four marines (two with hair and white skin, one bald with white skin, and one bald with black skin), and Major John Sheppard. When they come back to Atlantis in "Rising", Part 2, another bald marine with black skin is appearing with the Athosian refugies after the Stargate shuts down. Actually, this marine is visible on the left side of the screen when the recon team (on the right side) is preparing to leave Atlantis and wasn't obviously with the team at this moment.
- Factual error: In all ending credits he appears, Darren Becker is credited as "Private". However, according to his combat fatigues seen in "Air", Part 2, he is part of the US Air Force and should be ranked as "Airman", not "Private".
- Factuel error: Whether it be the credits or the dialogues, Hunter Riley is ranked as Sergeant. However, his military outfit shows "Senior Airman" stripes on the shoulders.